This is your short-term vacation rental agreement. This agreement outlines everything you need to know about our rental policies for our property. Our goal is to ensure that your stay at our property is wonderful and meets all of your expectations. Please let us know if you have a technology or equipment issue during your stay and we will get it resolved. If you have any questions, please email or call us.
Rental Agreement: This Agreement (agreement) constitutes a contract between the Guest (you, your) and Owner (us, we, our) of the Vacation Rental Property (property). By signing this agreement, you and your guests are agreeing to all terms and conditions listed in the rental agreement. Your vacation rental is a transient rental under state law. This means that your tenancy is temporary for the stated time period only. At no time is the property to be sublet or assigned to another individual. Please do not make any repairs, alterations, or improvements in or about the property.
Confirmation of Reservation: Your reservation is confirmed when we receive your electronically signed rental agreement and an advance payment equal to 50% of the rental rate. The name on this agreement must be an adult who is at least 25 years old, and will be the responsible party for the reservation and all rental obligations.
Payment: An advance payment equal to 50% of the rental rate is required at the time of booking. The advance payment will be applied toward the rent. Please make payments via credit card or personal checks. The advance payment is not a damage deposit. The balance of rent is due 60 days before your arrival date. Reservations made less than 60 days prior to arrival require full payment at the time of booking.
Credit Card Authorization
Guest understands and consents to the use of the credit card provided without original signature on the charge slip, that a photocopy or fax of this agreement will serve as an original, and that this Credit Card Authorization cannot be revoked and will not terminate until 90 days after the Check-out date. The property is inspected before and after every tenancy. While you are here, we ask your cooperation in reporting any damage. Charges may include: (1) no smoking if prohibited by us; (2) no pets if prohibited by us; (3) all check-out procedures were followed; (4) no damage to the property or its contents beyond normal wear and tear; and (5) the number of guests did not exceed the agreed upon number of occupants; (6) no missing items.
Cancellation: Cancellations made more than 60 days prior to your arrival will receive a total refund of any advance payments less a $250 cancellation fee.
Cancellations made within 60 days of the check-in date will receive no refund and you will forfeit any money paid in advance.
Severe Weather/Hurricanes/Tropical Storms: There are no refunds for severe weather including hurricanes, hurricane evacuations, and tropical storms. It is highly recommended, but not required, that you purchase travel insurance. It is up to you to purchase the insurance, it is not our responsibility.
Travel Insurance Provided by TRAVEL GUARD: Every year, snowstorms, hurricanes and other unexpected weather events cause travelers to delay, interrupt or even cancel their trips completely. A travel insurance plan can help cover your vacation investment. Specific coverage questions should be directed to Travel Guard (1.877.246.5376 or www.travelguard.com/astp). Please refer to product number 008573/008574 P1 & account # 97908.
Coverage is offered by Travel Guard Group, Inc., and limitations will apply. Please visit www.travelguard.com/disclaimer for full disclaimer.
Accidental Damage Protection: Accidental damage protection is included for any damages or accidents, subject to exclusions and limitations that occur to the premises during your rental period up to $3000. Any damage or accident that is not covered under the policy will be the responsibility of the leaseholder.
The purchase of the insurance still requires you to follow the check-out list outlined in the check-out details, and you must follow all terms and conditions.
System or Amenity Failure: In case of failure of a system or amenity during your stay, including but not limited to, water, sewer, heating, air-conditioning, electrical, mechanical, ventilating, structural systems, major appliances, or entertainment equipment, we shall repair them in a workmanlike manner. You agree to permit access to the unit to make repairs. We shall not be liable to TENANT in damages, and NO REBATE OR REFUND will be given for such temporary failure, provided we are making reasonable efforts to repair the system or amenity in a reasonable manner after having received notice from TENANT that repairs are needed. Absolutely no REBATE OR REFUND will be provided for a failure or the restricted access to an amenity outside of the unit (i.e. Pool, exercise room, beach service, etc.).
Insurance: You are expressly excluded from any insurance policy held by us. You understand that it is suggested that you carry renter's insurance to cover your personal belongings.
Minimum Stay: A minimum stay is required at our discretion.
Maximum Occupancy: The maximum number of guests is 10. If you are found in breach of this contract, you will be evicted and no money will be refunded. Only people who have registered with us as a guest may stay overnight on the property.
Property Furnishings: We will provide you with a list of furnishings that come with the property. You agree to return all furniture items in a similar good condition, with normal wear and tear expected, as it was prior to the beginning of the lease term.
Getting Here: The confirmation email will state the timeframe in which we will send you details about the property, including: how to access the property, check-out procedures, community rules, and names/phone numbers of emergency contacts.
Arrival Inspections + Damages: Please complete an arrival inspection on your day of arrival and report any broken items, damage or issues to us immediately. Any damages that occur during your stay must be reported immediately to us. In the event that damage occurs to the property, whether reported by you or found after departure, the cost of repair and/or replacement will be held from the deposit. If the amount of repair and/or replacement exceeds the deposit amount, you will be responsible for any additional costs. Additional costs for repair or replacement will be charged to the credit card on file.
Arrival and Check-in: Check-in is 4 PM local time on your scheduled arrival date. Check-in before 4 PM is not guaranteed. Once we receive full payment and a signed rental agreement, we will send you detailed check-in instructions.
Departure and Check-out: Check-out is 9 AM local time on your scheduled departure date. Check-out is strictly at 9:00 AM. We will provide you with check-out procedures in advance of your arrival.
Cleaning Fee: A cleaning fee is required at our discretion.
Utilities: The cost of normal utilities usage is included with your stay. However, you are responsible for long-distance phone calls/faxes and pay-per view movies.
Maintenance / Repairs: Even the best or newest equipment occasionally malfunctions and cannot be guaranteed 100% of the time. We have an excellent maintenance team who corrects problems as soon as possible. Authorized personnel may enter the premises during business hours for purposes connected with repairs, care, or maintenance of the premises. Expect lawn care personnel on property once a week.
Community Rules: You agree to abide by all rules governing the community where the property is located. The rules are posted inside the property and/or at the community office. These rules are subject to change at any time.
Parking: You must park in designated parking areas only. If parking passes are required, they will be located inside the property along with any additional instructions.
No Smoking or Open Flame: No smoking is allowed inside the property. No candles or open flame of any kind are allowed inside the property. Upon departure, if the cleaning company detects any evidence of smoking and/or open flames, you will forfeit your deposit and additional fees may apply.
No Daily Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included with the property, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate.
Conditions Beyond Our Control: We are not liable for events beyond our control which interfere with your scheduled occupancy, including, but not limited to: acts of God, acts of governmental agencies, fire, strikes, war, tornado, hurricanes, tropical storms, ice storm, severe weather, inclement weather, ferry boat cancellation, loss of electricity, or loss of water. There will be no refund in these circumstances. We recommend you purchase travel insurance prior to arrival.
Criminal Activity: You agree to not engage in any criminal conduct on the property, including but not limited to the following: usage of illegal drugs, committing a felony, violating any law or ordinance, disturbing the peace, engaging in conduct for unlawful purposes. We are not liable for any damage or injury you cause to yourself or a 3rd party while engaging in criminal activity.
Indemnification: We shall not be liable for any damage or injury suffered by you, your family, guests, invitees, agents or employees or to any person entering the property. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold us harmless from any and all claims or assertions of every kind and nature.
Governing Law: This agreement shall be governed, construed, and interpreted under the Laws of the State chosen by us.
Severability: If any part of this agreement is held to be invalid, such invalidity shall not affect the validity or enforceability of the rest of this agreement.
Falsified Reservations: If you provides false information concerning your identity or other aspects of the reservation, you will automatically forfeit the reservation and will not be granted access to the property. In addition, you will not be refunded any money paid in advance. We have a right to report the fraud to appropriate authorities.
Acknowledgement: You have read and agreed to the terms and conditions of this agreement including the vacation rental property rules, community rules, and weather/pet/smoking/cancellation policies. The credit card supplied at the time of reservation will be held for security purposes only.
NO UNATTENDED CHILDREN ALLOWED ON BALCONY.
GOLF CART: Here are the terms of using the Golf Cart:
CART RENTAL BINDING GOLF CART AGREEMENT
(Please read carefully before agreeing to this document)
THIS IS A STREET LEGAL GOLF CART.
In consideration for the use of the golf cart, I agree to the following conditions. In the event that I violate any of the following conditions, I agree and understand that further use of the golf cart may be revoked immediately and without notice or refund.
1. I promise to return the golf cart to the location provided immediately upon completion of the rental period in as good condition as I received the same, normal wear and tear accepted. I will operate the golf cart safely and responsibly, and I will preserve and protect the golf cart from loss or damage to the cart itself, my person or property, and the persons or property of others. I agree to be legally and financially liable for all costs of repairs to the golf cart and for the loss, damage and/or injuries to my person or property and the persons or property of others regardless of fault. I agree to reimburse the golf cart owner for such unrecovered costs, including but not limited to deductibles and any uninsured losses. I agree to allow my credit card on file to be charged for any of these damages and to have an invoice provided for the damages that are repaired.
2. I agree to hold harmless, defend and indemnify the owner of rental home for any and all damages and claims of any nature whatsoever that may arise from the use of said golf cart during the time of the rental period, including but not limited to claims for damages to the golf cart itself, my person and property and the persons and property of others. By execution of this agreement, Guest agrees to indemnify and save harmless Owner from any claim, loss, cost or expense (including reasonable attorney's fees and court cost of Owner) by Guest, Guest's assigns, Guest's invitees by reason of (i) accident or damage to any person, whether to the Guest's, Guest's assigns or invitees, or property happening in or on the premises; or (ii) any breach, violation or nonperformance of any condition hereof on the part of the guest. Guest further agrees to hold Owner harmless and accept liability for all claims by other persons who claim bodily injury or property damage as a result of the use of golf cart by Guest, Guest's assigns or invitees.
3. I agree to become familiar with the operation and use of said golf cart, to read the GOLF CART INFORMATION SHEET and any other instructions provided to me regarding the cart, and to operate the golf cart in accordance with said instructions. I agree to contact local manager if I have any questions or concerns about operating the golf cart or if my guest or I have caused any damage to the golf cart or others through the use of the golf cart. I agree to examine and inspect the safety and mechanical condition of the golf cart, reporting any concerns or problems before driving the vehicle.
4. I understand that a golf cart is subject to the same laws and regulations pertaining to motor vehicles and therefore agree that the golf cart will be operated in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida and the local laws of Okaloosa County, including but not limited to the requirement that persons driving the golf cart must not be under the influence of alcohol and/or illegal drugs. I further agree that I personally will be responsible for all moving and/or parking violations issued to said cart while it is in my possession, under my control, or at any time during the rental period. I agree that I will not operate the golf cart in the surf or allow salt water to come in contact with mechanical or electrical components.
5. I agree that only persons who are 21 years or older, possess a valid driver's license and insurance as required by law shall be permitted to drive the golf cart. I further agree that the maximum occupancy of the golf cart is six (6) persons, including children. I agree the privilege of using the golf cart can be revoked without notice by owner or local manager in their sole discretion, for any violation of this agreement. I further agree I shall not be entitled any rental refund or deposit for such revocation of privilege. Cart must be stored inside the garage when not in use, night or day. Do not leave cart outside in rain. Failure to properly store the cart during your stay will result in a minimum fee of $50 deducted from your security deposit.
6. I understand that if the golf cart should become inoperable through no fault of mine, owner will take reasonable steps to have the vehicle repaired. If the golf cart is not available during your stay, the rental fee for the home will not be refunded. If the golf cart is not available during your stay for any reason, it is not a reason to cancel your stay. No refunds will be given on the rental of the home by my electronic signature, I certify that I understand and agree to the conditions set forth in the Binding Golf Cart Agreement. I acknowledge that I have signed electronically this document voluntarily and freely and that my electronic signature creates a contractual obligation that binds me, my guests and all passengers.
By reading and electronically signing this waiver, you are stating that you, your family, or anyone that utilizes the golf cart from your reserved rental property has read, understands, and agrees to this GOLF CART WAIVER and hold both DESTINTOGO and the owner of the rental property you are staying in completely harmless and free of any and all liability that may arise from use of the golf cart.
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE
TO ANYONE FOR ANY REASON
Golf Cart Information Sheet
o Cart charger needs to be kept out of the weather, and off of the beach. Leave charger at residence while operating cart. LEAVE THE CHARGER IN GARAGE. DO NOT REMOVE FROM GARAGE.
o Key must be removed from cart anytime it is left unattended. Park cart in garage day or night when not in use. Please keep garage door closed.
o Charger is a "smart charger" and will shut off automatically when cart is fully charged. Large gray end of charger plugs into cart at the drivers side of the cart just below the operator. The plug will only fit one way. The power end is to be plugged into 110V service only.
o Cart is equipped with a battery light indicating when the batteries are getting low. When the light comes on, the cart will need to be plugged into the charger. Cart should be plugged into the charger every night regardless of the battery condition. This will ensure you get the most out of the cart for the duration of your rental. Keep in mind electric carts cannot run continuously without charging the batteries. There is a $100 fee to have cart towed if you run the cart out of battery power. Run time will be shortened if cart is driven with radio or cd playing and when carrying 4 passengers.
o DO NOT OPERATE cart in the surf or sand or beach. Operating cart in the surf, sand or beach will result in the loss of the use of the cart and your security deposit at a minimum, no exceptions!
o At no time should there be more than 6 passengers on one cart. Passengers MUST wear seat belts.
o Do not make turns at high speeds. Slow down to turn or make corners.
o Do not for any reason attempt to perform maintenance or repairs on cart. Should a problem exist, contact us immediately and the problem will be resolved as soon as possible.
o Upon completion of rental, cart should be washed off thoroughly. Do not use a pressure washer. A water hose will be sufficient. Make sure that the charger does not get wet, and that the entire cart is rinsed.
o NOTE: Failure to wash the cart at the completion of the rental period will result in a $25.00 cleaning fee that will be charged against your deposit. Their will be a$10.00 replacement fee for lost key during regular business hours. After hours the charge will be $20.00.
o DESTINTOGO 513-708-3071
INDEMNIFICATION AND HOLD HARMLESS- Guest acknowledges and understands that each and every guest or guardian is solely responsible for any property damage, accident, injury, or loss sustained to any person while in-residence, and neither the Agent nor the Owner accepts legal or financial responsibility. Guests and guardians assume all risk of injury or other losses resulting from the use of residence or any other recreational activity while staying at the residence and will hold the Agent and/or Owner harmless with respect hereto. Guests hereby agrees to indemnify and hold the Agent, Employees, Officers, Contractors and or Property owner harmless from any claims, including those of third parties, arising out of or in any way a result of guests use of the premises or items therein.
We look forward to your visit!